IN PERSON EVENTS - SOLD OUT
Thank you for your interest in the Lo Tide Run. Due to mass gathering restrictions, the In-Person Events are at mass capacity and have sold out. The virtual 5K and virtual 10K are still open.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Click on the REGISTER NOW button to the top right.
IN PERSON EVENT DATE:
Saturday, March 13, 2021
IN PERSON EVENT TIME:
10K: First wave starts at 7:30am
5K: First wave starts at 8:20am -- Final Wave starts at 11:20am.
START TIME WINDOWS:
The race is utilizing Start Windows to stay within the NC Governor's Executive Order on mass gatherings.
Start Times can be found HERE
Please Note: We did our best to keep teams/friends together. Start Times will be updated every few days for new registrants. For new registrants on a team, we will do our best to keep you with your team.
PACKET PICKUP: (In Person & Virtual Participants)
Friday, March 12, 2021
Noon - 6:00 PM
Omega Sports - Hanover Center
3501 Oleander Dr.
Wilmington, NC 28403
*To reduce mass gathering at the race, all participants must pick up their packets at packet pickup. If you are unable, please email us for arrangements on Saturday morning at the race.
START LINE LOCATION:
Carolina Beach Lake Park
Second Street S
Carolina Beach, NC 28428
FINISH LINE LOCATION:
East side of Carolina Beach Lake Park
Click HERE to see the course map.
Parking is available at any open legal parking space in Carolina Beach.
Note: The Town of Carolina Beach begins charging for parking on March 1, 2021.
GETTING TO THE START LINE:
It is important that participants follow the rules below so we can continue to hold events during the pandemic.
- The start of the 5K and 10K will be in Start Windows.
- Participants may arrive only when their Start Windows Opens.
- When warming up, please DO NOT warm up near the Start Line.
- Avoid arriving early to the Start Line. Participants who arrive early will be asked to leave.
- Remember to practice social distancing at the start line.
- Masks are required at the Start Line, when not running, and when unable to remain 6 feet away from other runners.
- When you arrive to the race, file in the back of the Start Line line. The start will begin in a single file line. When you (or your group) reach the Start Line, you start your race!
IN PERSON RACE INSTRUCTIONS:
For participants running the race in person, here is our social distancing and sanitization plan.
- Spectators will not be allowed at the Start and Finish Lines this year.
- Start Line
- There will be separate Start and Finish Line.
- The Start Line is located at Carolina Beach Lake Park on Second Street S.
- Participants are asked to start 6 feet apart in a single file line.
- Participants are asked to not arrive until their Start Window opens.
- Participants must wear a mask while waiting to start their race, per the NC Governor's Executive Order. Masks can be removed once you pass the Start Line and stay within 6 feet of other runners.
- Participant temperatures will be checked at the start line.
- Finish Line
- The Finish Line is located on the eastside of Carolina Beach Lake Park.
- Participants are asked to exit the finish line immediately following their race.
- Spectators are not permitted at the Finish Line to stay within mass gathering numbers.
- Water bottles will be available at the finish line for runners to grab on their own.
- Water Stop
- Small water bottles will be available at water stops for runners to grab on their own.
- Face Coverings
- Per the NC Governor's Executive Order, participants are required to wear face masks before and after their race. You may take off your mask once you pass under the Start Line, and remain 6 feet away from other runners.
- Cleaning & Hygiene
- Staff will perform routine cleaning of any frequently touched areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at the Finish Line.
- Monitoring for Symptoms
- Participants are being reminded if they display any of the COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, to remain home.
- Protecting the Vulnerable Populations
- We are asking all participants who fall into the vulnerable population class to stay home and run the event virtually.
- There will not be awards this year due to the pandemic.
VIRTUAL RACE INSTRUCTIONS:
You must pick up your packet at Packet Pickup on Friday, March 12th
Where: Virtually Anywhere, Planet Earth
When: Friday, March 12 - Sunday, March 21st
Results: When you finish your race, simply email us your finish time.
There will not be awards for the virtual events
Tuesday, March 9, 2021 is the last day to join a team.
Race shirts are guaranteed to participants who register by 11:59 PM on March 1, 2021.
Shirt sizes include Youth M and Adult S - Adult XXL.
There are no awards for 2021.
LO TIDE RUN WEBSITE:
Visit our website HERE
ABOUT THE RACE:
The annual Lo Tide Run benefits local cancer warriors in New Hanover County.
The mission of the Lo Tide Run (an all-volunteer board) is to provide monetary assistance to New Hanover County residents who are battling cancer and struggling with financial obligations, and to empower the community to come together to support and honor local cancer warriors through a fun and inspiring 5K and 10K.